Live Class: March 6, 2013 – “Diving Into Editing Your Theme ”

This live class will give you the kick-start you need to start to editing your WordPress theme today! Click here to access the recording!

If you’re a regular reader or student of LearnWebDevelopment.com, you probably already know how much we love and recommend WordPress – especially for beginning designers.

You can use WordPress to build amazing, professional websites and you can build them quickly. This means more projects – and more income – for you!

Because the majority of your clients are going to want some customizations – and since you can charge more for making a more custom site – we’re going to teach you how to edit WordPress themes.

You’ll learn our fastest, easiest techniques for editing WordPress themes including:

• How to start developing WordPress themes.
  • What files you need in a theme and what each one does.
  • Simple shortcuts to save time when editing WordPress themes.
  • Our recommended tools for quicker, easier editing.
  • Tips and tricks for debugging issues with your theme.

This all happens on Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at 1:00 p.m. central time. (Like always, this live class will be recorded for members of The Successful Web Designer.)

If you want to learn some fun, quick, easy techniques for making your WordPress themes unique, you won’t want to miss this class.

If you’re not a member of The Successful Web Designer, you can still attend this class by joining today. The Successful Web Designer includes several additional lessons on WordPress including how to build WordPress websites, customizing WordPress websites, and even how to find clients who are ready to pay for a WordPress website now! Get the details here.

If you’d rather purchase a one-time ticket to this live class, you can do that here.

Do you have any questions about this WordPress class or is there a WordPress customization tip you’d like to share? Comment below to join the discussion.

Tags: , ,

15 Responses to “Live Class: March 6, 2013 – “Diving Into Editing Your Theme ””

1. Gwen Barnes March 5, 2013 at 12:36 pm #

I’m confused. Don’t I have to register for this class? I don’t see anywhere to do so linked to above. How do I register?

• LearnWebDevelopment.com March 5, 2013 at 3:12 pm #

Gwen,

You should be able to follow the link in the article about the class to register. I hope this helps!

• Gwen Barnes March 5, 2013 at 10:13 pm #

I managed to register from a link in an old email I had. But still — no, there are only two links in the article. One takes you to a page to sign up for SWD. The other takes you to a page to pay for the class individually, without SWD.

• LearnWebDevelopment.com March 6, 2013 at 9:14 am #

Members of SWD can use their orange menu bar to register for all live events. All you have to do is click Enroll in a Live Class. You can also contact us in support, and we will give you the link to register.
          I hope this helps!

2. Mark Rudder March 6, 2013 at 6:49 pm #

When I click on “Enroll in Live Class” I’m taken to a Webex screen.
    However, this class is not listed.
    If I am at Webex, will the class just start at the time?

• LearnWebDevelopment.com March 7, 2013 at 7:08 am #

Mark,

It looks like you may have followed the link after the class was done. It went from 1 – 3pm Central Time. The recording will be available for you to download this morning in the Additional Training section of SWD.

3. Mark Rudder March 6, 2013 at 6:54 pm #

Well I found the class.

• LearnWebDevelopment.com March 7, 2013 at 7:09 am #

I answered your other comment before this one. I am glad you made it!

4. diane frierson March 6, 2013 at 9:46 pm #

I registered for the live event and it never started?

• LearnWebDevelopment.com March 7, 2013 at 7:10 am #

I am wondering if perhaps your time was off? It began at 1pm Central. Contact us in support before the next live event and we will help you attend. The recording will be posted in Additional Training this morning.

5. Karen Falk March 7, 2013 at 8:31 am #

I wasn’t able to attend, can I view a recording?

• LearnWebDevelopment.com March 7, 2013 at 10:57 am #

Karen,

The recordings are posted the day after each event under additional training – you can view or download and keep them. I hope this helps!

6. wp squeeze bar March 16, 2013 at 5:21 am #

I just could not depart your web site before suggesting that I actually enjoyed the usual information a person provide for your visitors? Is gonna be again frequently to investigate cross-check new posts

7. Pete Tsatsaronis April 3, 2013 at 12:43 pm #

Im having trouble customizing my home page so that i can have my text centered but also have my sidebar where i can enable to widget to show my ” upcoming events ” without damaging the theme. I currently use the Rhapsody slider theme and its very difficult for me to fix without messing up where it all is positioned.

also, im having trouble with setting our ” terms and conditions ” to ONLY show in the footer of the website rather than creating a tab with these terms.

Can someone help me out please?

• LearnWebDevelopment.com April 4, 2013 at 9:34 am #

Pete,

Sure! This is what your mentor support is for! Just submit a ticket and we will get you taken care of?